DIY Halloween Décor: Jarring Ghosts
You may not have a "Ghostbusters" quality containment unit but you can capture some little ghosts of your own with jars from Goodwill!
Supplies you will need:
- Dry twigs and Spanish Moss or Lichen - Craft store or find outside
- Canning jars of various sizes - Goodwill
- Hot glue gun, not pictured - Craft store
- Styrofoam balls: less than .9” - Craft store
- Flit Styrofoam piece: 1/2” thick - Craft store
- Black Sharpie marker - Drug store
- First-aid gauze - Drug store
- Pocket knife or Exacto knife - Craft store
1. Using the lid from your canning jar, trace a circle onto your Styrofoam. Carefully cut out the traced circle using an Exacto-knife or pocket knife.
2. Glue your Styrofoam circle to the inside of the jar's lid to create a base.
3. Add some twigs to your base and place some dry Spanish Moss or Lichen on the bottom to cover the Styrofoam.
4. Cover one of your Styrofoam balls with a piece of gauze. Add eyes to your ghost by holding the point of your Sharpie onto the gauze and letting the ink bleed into it.
5. Place your ghost on/between the twigs. Gently lower the jar over your arrangement and screw on the lid. Make jars of varying sizes and pair with pumpkins for a display!