Goodwill Halloween DIY - Ghost cupcakes and Halloween Treats
Ghost Cupcakes and Halloween Treats
Want to add some Halloween spirit to your favorite sweets? Goodwill has everything you need to turn your baked goods into spooky Halloween treats to enjoy!
Here is what you will need:
- Cupcake pan - Goodwill
- Halloween mini cake pan - Goodwill
- Halloween baking cups - Goodwill
- Brightly colored plate or Halloween platter - Goodwill
- Pastry bag with large tip - Goodwill
- Scottish Shortbread recipe
- Chocolate cupcake recipe or store-bought mix
- Marshmallow buttercream frosting recipe or store-bought frosting
- Mini chocolate morsels or chocolate chips
1. Grab your favorite cupcake recipe or mix. Prepare 12 chocolate cupcakes using the cupcake pan and Halloween baking cups from Goodwill.
2. You can buy store-bought frosting or prepare your own buttercream. Here is a great marshmallow buttercream frosting we would recommend. When ready, apply the largest tip you have to your pastry bag then fill the bag with your frosting.
3. To create your ghost, pipe a large dollop of frosting onto the cupcake, followed by a medium dollop, and then a small dollop. Place two mini chocolate morsels or chocolate chips on your ghost to create the eyes.
1. Prepare a batch of Scottish shortbread. When the dough is made, spoon it into the shapes in your Halloween mini cake pan. If you don't have a Halloween pan, no worries. Simply follow the directions on the recipe and press your shortbread dough into the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking pan.
2. Before baking, firmly press the dough into the shapes using your fingers or the back of a spoon.
3. Follow the directions in the recipe for baking and cooling.
TIP: If you bake your shortbread in a 9" x 13" pan, add some sprinkles (before baking) or frosting (when cool) for decoration.
4. Place your finished treats on a Halloween tray or plate from Goodwill. Enjoy!