DIY HALLOWEEN DECOR: SPOOKY VIGNETTE
Halloween is just days away, and no festive gathering is complete without some frightening, spellbinding or downright haunted displays.
Gary Foy, Evergreen Goodwill’s DIY Guy, paid a visit to one of our nonprofit thrift stores and shared some tips on how to transform and arrange the treasures he found into a Halloween vignette that’s perfect for a tabletop or fireplace mantle.
Watch the video above, and read below, for more on how to recreate his arrangement!
When you choose to shop Goodwill this Halloween, you’ll not only have endless opportunities to create a one-of-a-kind design – you’ll also be supporting our mission to break down barriers to education and employment for people in your community.
This Halloween, be a little extra. Do a lot of good.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Black spray paint
- Wire cutters
- Gorilla Glue (Gel)
- Red acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Lighter – (adult use only)
Items purchased at Goodwill:
- Lamps (2)
- Candle holders (2)
- Figurines (2)
- Frame (1)
- Saucer plates (2)
- Old books
- Faux flowers
- Spider web decoration
- Remove lamp hardware and wires using pliers/wire cutters.
- Spray paint lamps, saucer plates, candle holders, figurines and frames.
- Use Gorilla Glue to secure saucer plate on top of the lamp bases once hardware has been removed. Also, glue any hardware that might be needed to flatten the top of the lamp.
- (Optional) Drill hole in top of skull figurine that will serve as a candlestick holder. Use drip candle to douse skull in wax for added effect.
- Arrange display to your liking – with the shortest items in the foreground and taller items to the back